Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The American Bison or Buffalo

The American Bison or Buffalo - Facts and True Story

By - sgbrown
Herd of American Bison or Buffalo
Source: wikimedia




American Bison or Commonly Known as the Buffalo


 The American Bison is also known as the American Buffalo, which once roamed the plains of North America in huge herds. The buffalo were nearly eradicated in the 19th century due to hunting and now are restricted to parks and reserves. There are approximately 500,000 buffalo on privately owned ranches and refuges today. Buffalo can be found here in Oklahoma at the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge in southwestern part of the state.

My Trip to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge

Back many years ago when I was taking a photography class, the instructor, Allen, and I became good friends. He was going to be taking pictures of the Texas Long Horn cattle that were also located at the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge and asked me if I wanted to go along. Of course, I jumped at the chance.  Read more ...

You May Also  Enjoy: 

I am writing on HubPages. If you enjoy writing and making money, maybe you should be writing on HubPages too!  Read the success stories, sign up and get started now! It’s easy, it’s fun and it’s free! Click here to find out more… HubPages .


No comments:

Post a Comment