Saturday, December 5, 2015

Too Many Coyotes?

Photo source:  sgbrown aka Rockcreek Photography
This picture was taken several years ago, but it is the best picture of a coyote that I have. As I'm sure most people know that coyotes are very shy creature and are mainly seen either early in the mornings or late in the evenings.

Coyotes tend to hunt at night and usually hunt in packs. Coyotes can be heard "yapping" and "howling" at night in many part of North America. They hunt mainly smaller mammals, such as rabbits, squirrels, mice and sometimes small deer or even small dogs and cats.

I have been noticing that there are not very many squirrels, rabbits or even deer around out place lately, but I have been seeing more coyotes than usual. I am wondering if we have too many coyotes in our area and they are killing all our squirrels, rabbits and other small animals.


No comments:

Post a Comment